At the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Dr. Davis was the founding director of the Arts in Education Program and first to hold the university’s new chair in arts in education. Her research at Harvard’s Project Zero focused on arts learning and development beyond school walls, notably in community art centers that focus on education in economically disadvantaged communities (Project Co-Arts) and art museums (MUSE: Museums Uniting with Schools in Education).
Books by Jessica Hoffmann Davis
- Discourse and Disjuncture Between the Arts and Higher Education, Ed. (2016)
- Why Our High Schools Need the Arts (2012)
- Ordinary Gifted Children: The Power and Promise of Individual Attention (2010)
- Why Our Schools Need the Arts (2008)
- Framing Education as Art: The Octopus Has a Good Day (2005)
- The Muse Book (2004)
- The Art and Science of Portraiture with Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot (1998)
Plays by Jessica Hoffmann Davis
Jessica has most recently been writing and directing plays,
staged in rural New Hampshire, including:
- wRites of Reunion (with Monique Robichard) (2012)
- Houseguests (2013)
- The Salon (2015)
- Dearly Beloveds (2018)
Articles and Monographs by Jessica Hoffmann Davis
Selected journal articles and monographs.
Davis’s latest essay on playing the video game, Red Dead Redemption 2, went viral when it first was posted on Reddit. It now appears in the volume 10.1 issue of Visual Inquiry Learning and Teaching Art.